Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ross's Mom! Yes, that would be me.



Babe left this morning at about 4:30 to go back to Virginia and get back on the boat. We were both thankful for the days we were able to have together. It was Wonderful!

Last night Babe gave Gabriel some wrestling lessons. He was trying to teach him the single leg take down, etc. Gabriel gave it a try! The kids had a great time with daddy. Ross had a great time tackling people and laughing . . . Gabriel and Annalina thought it was hilarious too!!

This morning at breakfast Gabriel all on his own got everyone a glass of water to go with their breakfast. I told him that was initiative! He said that he did it because he "cares for me and Annalina." What a gem.

Ross woke up and was saying "Daddy, Daddy". I told him Daddy went bye, bye and he went to get his shoes!!

Annalina received a handmade stamped card from Uncle Ben in the mail today! She really enjoys those! That was not the first one. This one had cute farm animals on the envelope and lady bugs stamped on the card! Uncle Ben even MADE little cards that go on presents for different occasions (birthdays, Christmas, etc.) Annalina has already started scrapbooking with them!

Ross has a new method for ensuring that his sister gets the proper amount of character development opportunities especially in the area of self-restraint. While she is in her room he stands at the baby gate that is in her bedroom doorway and shakes the gate like a gorilla while at the same time making raspberry noises with his tongue! Oh yah, that definitely is a great opportunity for her to develop self restraint!!

My friend Sky told me today that at their family interview for getting their son into Logos Christian Academy she told the principal that she was a friend of mine. The other gentleman there at the interview could not recall who I was. The principal said "Ross's mom". Oh, yes!!! He knew who I was then!!! My friend then recalled how the principal had a smile on his face and started telling "Ross stories".  Ahh, yes! Ross somehow seems to have become the school mascot. Hmm, interesting that I am already known as "Ross's mom" at a school for older children and he is only 19 months old. What does the future hold for Ross's mom?!!!

Talked to Babe around dinner time and he is safe and sound in Virginia and was talking to me from the deck of the aircraft carrier. Prayers that his 3 1/2 weeks will go well.

I really liked my verse for the day on my daily verse calendar was Isaiah 12:5 "Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth." 

Enough for now. I must get the troops to slumberland and I have miles to ride on my bike before I sleep!!!

No comments: