Thursday, April 10, 2008

Backtrack

Simply stated: Tuesday and Wednesday were shall we say "ROUGH"!! There was a call put in to Uncle Ben to help straiten one youngster out. It worked quite handily for them to hear a respected male voice. I am thankful they have a good relationship and respect for my brothers. Sometimes a call for help is needed and it was one of those times I needed help. What is family for? Enough said.

Annalina made me a "scrapbooking kit" so I could scrapbook faster. It included paper, scissors, etc. She said "You know why I give precious things to you because I love you." I told her that even her just saying "I love you" means a lot to me. I read an article not to long ago in a woman's magazine about how "I love you" is overused and loses it's meaning. I agree that if the words are said without action to back it up they do become meaningless but I must say I STRONGLY disagree with her. I love hearing my husband say "I love you" at the end of the phone conversation or my children just out of the blue say "I love you Mommy". Overused? No such thing not said is sincerity I can believe that happens.

When I told the kids yesterday it was time to go pick up Gabriel from school Ross starting saying "YAH! YAH!" and trying his hardest to jump up and down! It was histerical and ADORABLE!! If you've seen a toddler attempt to jump you know what I mean plus the sentiment is sweet too!

As I was cooking up meat for dinner Annalina said "Your cooking smells very, very good it makes my nose smell nicer!" Ross came over and started trying to sniff the oven (I was cooking on the stove) and Annalina tried to lift him up to take a whiff but inadvertantly grabbed him by the neck and lifted up. It would have been a great video camera moment. I stopped her and she tried again this time with success of grabbing under his arms and lifting him up and telling Ross to "smell"! "I am a big sister" Annalina said. Ross took it all in stride and really wanted to get a whiff!

After devotions I have said we are reading Farmer Boy and the kids got a kick out of last nights chapters . . . one was about a mysterious dog that comes one night and happens to be on the night that his dad got paid a lot of money for some colts. The mom is paranoid that they can't get the money in the bank and she keeps moving the money to different hiding spots. During the night the dog starts growling and showing its teeth for a long time. The next morning the dad goes out and sees that there were 2 mens foot prints and had obviously come to rob them but the dog scared them off and they never saw the dog again. The mother said it was "providence". They found out that another family sold their calves and that night they were robbed. The tied up the mother and children and beat the dad almost to death! Oh yah, the kids were into the story who says you need Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, etc.!! Then the next chapter was on sheering the sheep and how Almanzo tricked his dad and his friend who kept telling Almanzo they would beat him in finishing their work . . .well, Almanzo during the lunch period hid an unsheered sheep in the loft and when they teased him about beating him in their work they heard the bleating of an unsheared sheep in the loft! Almanzo tricked them! Gabriel pretended to be an unsheared sheep after that with the blanket around him!! He, at first, was VERY concerned that the sheep wouldn't have coats and I told him it was summer time and warm still he was concerned about them not having them for the next winter. I told him the coats grow back that statement was followed by a BIG smile from Gabriel he was satisfied!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!!! My hubby called me last night saying he is off the boat!! YAH!! I get to talk to him every night!!! God's timing is always perfect!


No comments: