Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Lemon in the Woods

Yesterday Annalina wanted me to listen to her tell a story. She is a good story teller and the story may have lasted 15 minutes! The name of the story was "Lemon in the woods" I don't remember the beginning of the story and the reason for that name but I do remember "Maba the Mastiff" and that there was a castle/cave and a king and queen. I also remember the king and queen ended up at the airport and were told they did not need to wear their crowns at the airport!! Hmm, imagination!!

Annalina and I had fun today starting a construction paper project that we can work on after  we have school and before Ross wakes from his nap. I'll have to post of picture of it when it is complete. Neat stuff! Today we made water and drew fish in the water and we have a bridge over the water. I started making a boat and Annalina drew seats in it.

I asked Ross what his name was today and he pointed to himself and said "Me". Well, he understands what "me" means! Also, he can fill in another word to a song! "Anywhere with Jesus I can safely ____" GO! Pretty funny.

Gabriel got his mid-quarter progress report the teacher said:
Work and Study Habits: Excellent listener, diligent worker!
Reading/Phonics: Fantastic oral reader!
Penmanship: Always gives his best work!
Math Facts: Outstanding!
Bible: He is very sensitive to the words of God! :-)
She then says: "Be very proud of Gabriel! He continues to work hard (even with Dad gone). He has a kind heart and an eager spirit. He is always a delight in class."

The best part of this report is . . . "He is very sensitive to the words of God!" Praise the Lord . . . may that be true throughout his life. Mrs. Jung told me before that if she wants a question about the Bible answered correctly she asks Gabriel. Of course, I also like the "He is always a delight in class" he is a delight at home too.

My vacuum cleaner is completely CAPPUT now. When I vacuum crackers on the floors it chews up the crackers and puts the crumbs back down to the carpet to be ground in. I have started researching vacuums. Big decision.

Babe continues to do really well on Comp2x . . . just needs rest. 




No comments: