Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Out of decompression NOT depression!

The reason for lack of postings the last few days is because I needed to come out of the decompression chamber! I had the bends quite badly . . . to much pressure and trying to swim to the surface to breath! This Saturday I will go back into the decompression chamber up in Reno for a morning of getting my hair done! Ahhh, just the right timing.

Today is going quite well. At breakfast Gabriel and Annalina had waffle boat wars crashing into each others waffles, etc. Imagination is not lacking here, for sure. Yesterday morning Gabriel forgot his backpack when we left for school so we dropped him off and came back to get it. Today I REMINDED him to bring his backpack . . . I sent Gabriel and Annalina out to the van to get in there seats and went to get Ross and there was little Ross with a BIG backpack dragging it behind him saying "bakpak". . .! Hmmm, I let Ross hold it as we went out to the van and said to Gabriel "look what Ross remembered!" Gabriel thought that was neat and said "Thank you Ross!" Ross gave his ruff laugh. He thought it was cool his big brother appreciated it!

We went today to school for our Thursday morning help. Ross was causing a stir grabbing water bottles, putting things on students desks, and giving hugs. The students think it is great! Mrs. Jung said something about a noising morning and I said "it's spring" she said "Ross is in the room, The kids love him!"

As I was pulling away from the school I looked over and saw Gabriel running to the gate (they were out for recess) and he stopped at the gate and looked emotional, like he was fighting tears. I got out of the van and ran over and he said he wanted to give me a some peanuts. They had been given trail mix and he ate everything and told me he knows I like peanuts so he ran to give them to me and wanted me to eat them. He asked me tonight if I ate them and I told him I had. He got emotional tonight (not crying, just tears in his eyes) and said that after I left he felt like crying and had a hard time doing his work. I love that my kids like to be with me hopefully that stems from them knowing I like to be with them. Annalina was telling me today in the van that she likes to be with me. I am sure some of it right now is daddy being gone but I also believe they love their mommy too. And yes, I look forward to having my hair done on Saturday but I'll be thinking of the kids and miss their chatter and noise in the van and I'll be excited to see them again! Mothers that choose to work outside the home miss A LOT. I am grateful for the job I have. I wouldn't have it any other way, no way, no way. Just the memories I have jotted down in the time I've started this blog . . . many of them would not have been seen by me if I had been away.

Ross seems to be starting to take his once a day naps later in the morning which I think is good and helpful when it comes to school help days and church. Oh, other Ross news is his is STARTING (I've heard him 3 times) on HIS OWN to say "Yes, Maam". Now it comes out just as an intonation "uuu tone going up, uuum tone going down". The fact, he has done it on his own is exciting! It is the little victories.

Took Sonja for a walk tonight to work on leash training . . . talk about an arm workout!! She did much better the last quarter or more. I was pleased to say the least. We really can't take her on walks much yet because of her joints. She isn't suppossed to go on "walks" until 6 months. I'd like her to start getting the hang of not pulling the leash earlier than that though!

I will post this and then back track about yesterday!

No comments: