Sunday, June 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad with Cheesecake Brownie Dessert!!

My Dad and Mom were actually leaving the day of Dad's birthday so the night before we celebrated his birthday. I made a Cheesecake Brownie dessert and it was a BIG hit!! Even Ross commented on how yummy it was. In fact, I think I want this for my birthday!! My Dad has a BIG sweet tooth so this worked out well.

Right before we had cake we ALL really enjoyed watching a slide show on the big screen TV of his travels and the children that are learning God's world in different countries. Some kids don't wear shoes at school! Something different for my kids to see. We also got to hear Grandpa's stories! One about how he defended God's creation to professors from an Australian University. I think one was a professor in logic or something, anyway, some deep deep study. They decided not to continue their discussion with Dad because they could answer his questions!! Later the person that had put himself there to defend and educate Creationism came over and thanked him. The man said there was a reason Dad's plane got delayed (which caused him to spend another night in Australia). God wanted him to talk to these men. God is at work. Sometime I will post some of his pictures from these trips and what he brought back for the kids.


2 comments:

Theo-Ann said...

oh...yum! Can you make us some?:)

Abigail said...

I saved 2 pieces (freezer)! One for you and one for Quentin! I am not sure the flavor will be as great, but you can try it!