Last Friday morning at breakfast Gabriel said to me "Do you remember the day when Daddy was home every day?" I said Yes. He said "That was really fun!" Yep, Daddy was missed! Also at breakfast I began to sing the song "I'm so happy and here's the reason why . . ." and Gabriel broke in and said "because my kids are obeying!" I thought that was pretty funny of Gabriel to think of and do! I have been teaching Gabriel that "to obey is better than sacrifice" (I Samuel 15:22) another words it is great to help me but obedience is more important.
Friday night LATE we went and picked Brian up in Reno. Ross was exhausted but he put his head on Daddy's shoulder and gave a big sigh. It was very cute. He was just relaxed with Daddy.
We have been busy here now. There is so much to do and I am planning a garage sale on Saturday. I have to have it because it is in the paper! Yesterday, Babe took a day off to do work around the house and yard (picture above!). Ross really enjoyed "helping daddy mow". Babe brought him back in at one point because Ross was headed toward the mower but Ross stood at the door with a sad face and with his lawn mower and kept saying "Pees, Pees" (Please). How could I not let him back out?!! Babe was almost done and Ross got to help finish up! Ross was a happy boy!
Babe wanted to go to Pizza Barn for dinner. While there Annalina got into a conversation with a lady sitting behind her. The lady asked her all these questions and Annalina answered them. The lady said she asked all the questions because she worked at a school and like to see smart kids. She thought Annalina's language skills were good. Honestly, the questions she asked Annalina were SOOO EASY definitely a public school test not private school!! Anyway, Annalina told the lady "my daddy is my friend". The lady thought that was GREAT. Earlier in the day she and daddy were sitting at the table getting ready to eat lefse (norwegian food) and she told her daddy "Daddy, you are my friend". They had a good time eating lefse and then going to the store to get a spark plug and they got the mower repaired!
Babe ended up going into work for quite awhile last night and is back at work today getting ready for his air wing to come in. He took a break from work to go do the help time at Gabriel's school. He enjoyed doing reading group! He said Gabriel was by far the best reader. If you know Brian you know even though he is the daddy he wouldn't say that unless he believed it to be true. Gabriel is a very good reader and we are thrilled to see that. Babe also enjoyed watching a master teacher. After Bible was done she told the kids to crawl back to their desks like bugs (their studying bugs) and that since bugs didn't talk they couldn't talk but they could make clicking noises! She turned to Brian and said "It works". She does a GREAT job of having fun while doing very challenging academics!
No comments:
Post a Comment