Friday, May 2, 2008

The Water Horse--Make sure you have a kleenex

No, this is not the title of another one of Annalina's stories it is a movie I watched with the kids tonight. Yikes!! It was VERY intense and sad!!! The Scottish boy misses his dad and is marking down the days on the calendar till his dad gets back from being in the British Navy during WWII. He finds an egg and it turns into the Loch Ness monster and he becomes best friends with it but has to release it because of danger. He never sees the monster again and finds out his dad is never coming home again (died on a boat that sunk). Annalina, I could tell was deeply touched which is very unusual for her to get emotional over stuff like this. She never let a tear come but she said later "It almost made me sad" and asked "Is Daddy going to die in a ship?" Gabriel was fighting and fighting tears. He was having a rough time after the movie and finially broke down. When he heard how the people had to live during the war he said "must have been hard".  After the movie we went to eat the brownies we had made before the movie but we were held back some by Gabriel. As I was talking to Gabriel, Annalina went to look at the brownies and came back to us and said "The brownies are still brown!" and Gabriel and I just started LAUGHING!! Gabriel said "brownies are always brown!" Annalina said "I thought they turned green if you left them to long". We laughed again and she said "I was trying to make Gabriel happy again". Tonight was emotional for me to see the kids emotional but on the other hand it was heartwarming to see MY FAMILY encouraging each other and laughing and although not all of us shed tears the emotion was there. It was just so amazing to me tonight to see the different personalities . . . Gabriel with his soft spirit and Annalina with an inner fortitude. God has a purpose for them both and it will be the adventure of a lifetime to see what it is!!! I feel beautifully blessed tonight . . . and I am missing a husband who would love to enjoy such a night with us.  But whoever might be reading this know I am behind him 100% and as my hubby has told me many times "Nothing worth doing comes easily". His job is worth doing hence it doesn't come easily. I am BEAUTIFULLY BLESSED, BEAUTIFULLY BLESSED.

No comments: