Saturday, October 27, 2012

Tis The Season

It's hunting season. A few weeks ago Babe and Gabriel were off somewhere in Colorado hunting antelope for some days. Gabriel is not old enough in Colorado to actually shoot big game. Twelve years old is the age to look forward to for big game hunting but Gabriel can tag along and hang out, have fun, and learn. They didn't get an antelope but came close just not close enough. They saw a fair amount of antelope but they were either the wrong gender for the tag they had or in the wrong hunting area. They did one time find what they needed for their tag and in the right zone but couldn't get close enough for a good shot. Nevertheless they had a GREAT time!!! They came back with stories of stars, bugs, antelope, and the game warden. I guess the stars in the middle of nowhere where just amazing. The game warden got to know them some and tried to help them out. He seemed to like Gabriel and it was good for Gabriel to learn about game wardens and what they do. They saw a truck of guys being chased down by the game warden!

Yesterday Babe, Gabriel, and Ross headed off to near the Nebraska border for deer hunting. Babe and I decided to let Rossers go and he was SOOOOO excited to be going with the big boys. It was fun to see how happy and excited he was. We'll see how he holds up to early mornings, etc. I've prayed they'll have a great time. Ross told Daddy that if he gets a deer that he will give him a penny. Cute.

Well, poor Carson had to stay home. He is used to at least Ross being home but with Ross gone I think it was a little harder. Even though Carson adores Annalina she is not one of the boys. Today he said a couple of times that he wanted to go hunting which he has never said before. When Annalina, Carson, and I were sitting at dinner he said "I am a big boy that has to stay home." Annalina and I got a kick out of him.

Annalina was excited for them to get a deer and liked spending time with just me but she still likes it when everyone is home. I told her that is a good attitude  . . . she's excited for them and thankful she and I can hang out, but will miss them. She and Carson had a great time doing "gymnastics" on the couch in the evening. Annalina and I stayed up and hung out which was fun. She and I have a few crafty things we would like to do during the coming days.

The big event of the evening was that I fed Jedidiah dinner and then he had a big spit up so I had to take off his clothes so I left him in his crib in his diapers to play around while I got some stuff done. When I came back he was on his belly with YUCKY stuff on the mattress under his mouth. I thought that was weird he seems to have thrown up but that is weird looking throw up. Since the mess was under his face that is what it looked like. It was under his nose and around his left eye (a Big chunk of it!). But he was so happy to have just thrown up. I went to pick him up and saw he had pooped out the back of his diapers and it ended up on the mattress and then he had flipped over and put his face in it!!! Carson was disgusted!!!! I got Jedidiah into the baby tub and got him cleaned up. Jedidiah loves baths now but wasn't so keen on them when he was really young. The kids and I sat around and watched him play for awhile and then Jedidiah peed while in the bath. What a baby! He sure was happy though!!

No comments: