This morning Ross and Carson got in a little spat about praying before they ate. Carson said to me that Ross said that "you [Carson] prayed to yourself". Carson annoyed said "I did NOT pray to myself I prayed to God!" Ross meant Carson had prayed on his own not actually to himself. It was pretty cute to see Carson's reaction.
This evening I was in the office looking up some baby gate info. for our very soon to crawl little one! I could hear Gabriel and Annalina talking as they were doing their jobs and they didn't know I was listening. I have some candles that are VERY old and are in the shape of carolers at Christmas. I have one from my childhood and I found another one in amazingly excellent condition at Salvation Army. The sight and smell takes me to my childhood. I was telling the kids about them and talked about the smell reminding me of my childhood. Anyway, they were discussing making me a Christmas card and how they could get the smell of the candle in the card since they knew that was important to me. They discussed rubbing it on the card but weren't sure. Annalina told Gabriel she didn't think it smelled nice. It was so sweet hearing them talk and try to figure out how to make something special for their Mommy. Hearing all this meant A LOT to me. A LOT. What sweet kiddos I have.
This afternoon Ross didn't want me to come in a room because he was making something for me. He came later to me and asked "What day is today?" I told him it was Thursday. He told me that he decided that every Thursday he was going to make me a craft. To sweet. He has started writing me the I Love Mommy notes which I just love. The other day we were doing school together and he told me that "the reason I can read so well at school [homeschooling group on Wednesday] is because you teach me here. That meant so much to me. Ross and reading have been a process. He and I have come a long way in the journey and that is so fun to see the progress in reading and the growth in our relationship. Again what sweet kiddos I have.
Carson is still coming to me and saying "My Mommy" and hugging me. He has done that for quite awhile. It will be sad when he moves out of that phase. It all started about a year ago when he and I were out shopping just the two of us and I said "You are my Carson" and after that I was HIS Mommy. I love that and love hearing that. Today Carson was crying at nap time that he wanted me to stay with him. That is NOT common. He does a great job going to sleep. I sang him some songs and he settled and went to sleep. Not sure what was concerning him about being alone but thankful that Mommy can make it better.
Jedidiah is SOOO close to crawling. Today Gabriel was working with him and encouraging him to give it a try. It could be any day now that he takes off. As always he brightens everyones day with his easy smile. He LOVES LOVES LOVES paper. He found a stack of Gabriel's math paperwork and got a hold of one of those to crinkle and chew and had to get it away from him. Annalina was talking to Jedidiah today and said the sweetest thing and I thought I have to blog that and of course now I can't remember! I hope it comes to me because it was absolutely TOOO sweet!
I was thinking the other day how different Jedidiah's life is from the other kids. He has 5 people in the house that carry him around and care for him!! Way different than the older kids. Five people is a lot of attention and care!!! Carson can't carry him around (he did the other day and I put a stop to that) but he does pay attention and give care to Jedidiah. He sings and talks to him. Carson is our big time singer. He sings and sings Christian songs and I LOVE that. Annalina sings a lot too. She came to me tonight before bed and told me she didn't think she could make it if someone told her she couldn't never sing again.
No comments:
Post a Comment