Sunday was the Hymn Sing I had blogged about a little while back. Annalina did get the song (Arise, My Soul, Arise) memorized and was able to sing it with the others. It sounded great.
Mr. Ferrin LOVED it and wants them to sing again at a Hymn Sing in April at another church. I am going to try to get Gabriel, Ross, and Carson up to speed so they can be apart of it too!
Brian and I got to talk with Mr. Ferrin a fair amount at the fellowship time afterwards and realized we had a lot of similar walkings in life. It was a lot of fun to talk and figure this all out! He went to college in Minneapolis, MN which is near where my dad went to seminary and near where Babe and I were married. He and his wife had a church ministry in San Jose, CA and he was excited that we had just come from Monterey, CA. His dad was a pastor in Lakewood, CO and my dad was assoc. pastor VERY close to there (now we are different generations. They are about my parents age.) Later in life he was pianist at the church where my dad was assoc. pastor (Beth Eden Baptist Church) but way before that time. His dad was part of the conservative Baptist split which would be extremely interesting to my dad since one of his doctorate's is in baptist history (Minnesota though). Mr. Ferrin and his wife were such sweet people and it was fun meeting them.
The service they did was a blessing to Babe and I. What a blessing to just sing and listen to hymns and hear the history! We thoroughly enjoyed our morning of hymns and fellowship. Just what I needed to start out this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment