Tonight we were at Costco for pizza and I had my hands full with Carson. I sent Annalina to go get some napkins and Ross wanted to go with her. The 2 of them were off on their mission. A few minutes later they were back with napkins, straws, etc. After they got back a lady came up to me and said she wanted to tell me what the kids were doing when they were getting the things. UH, OH what happened??? She said that Annalina was "SO PATIENT " and that she was instructing Ross on what to do/not to do like not putting the straws done because it wasn't clean. She also said Ross was being so careful about counting correctly and hence counted many times! She was impressed and wanted to let me know how they had acted when I wasn't watching. I thanked her for telling me!
It was a great real life lesson for the kids that "even a child is known by his doings"! I talked to them about that and how they didn't even know this lady was watching but she was. If Annalina had been impatient and Ross had been belligerant in listening to Annalina's advice that lady would not have been impressed and would not have thought they were any different than usual. We want to show people that we have Jesus and that there is something different because of HIM.
2 Corinthians 4:7&10
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
No comments:
Post a Comment