1) I went to pick the kids up from school today and Gabriel's teacher wanted to talk to me. She said that they had been studying the tabernacle in school and had watched a video about the tabernacle. She said Gabriel was really taken by it and told her "I am so excited my stomach is jumping up and down". His teacher also said that they had showed the Ark of the Covenant and the contents and talked about how Aaron's rod had budded, etc. she said on the way out to recess Gabriel said "God doesn't make trees do that it was a miracle" [I think his thought process was God doesn't just do that it is a miracle]. He was so awed and excited over all of it. The teacher seemed touched by his sensativity to the Bible and wanted to let me know about it too which I VERY MUCH appreciate.
2) This morning our neighbor came to the door with her daughter that is in Gabriel's class and asked if we could take her to school her van engine wouldn't start. Of course, that was no problem. Well, whenever this little girl is around Gabriel gets exceedingly goofy and silly she was laughing and laughing on the way to school. I honestly was beginning to wonder if she was just putting it on but she wasn't. I called her mom later to ask if she wanted me to pick her up from school and she said I didn't and told me a few days ago her daughter said she was going to marry Gabriel and she asked her daughter why she would marry him "because he is funny {I think she said that he makes me laugh} and he is nice". Her dad is a Captain in the Navy and they will move this summer for him to be the Commander over a whole Navy base in another state. They are incredibly kind people and have been a blessing to us while Brian has been gone.
ROSS STORY:
Preface to the story . . . I have been having a lot of discipline problems with Ross and it had gotten discouraging . . . was I not doing enough, etc. I told him it was time for nap time and he started giving me a hard time which for a nap was abnormal he usually goes down for naps well it's night time he struggles with. Anyway, I said how about if I sing to you. We used to sing "Jesus songs" all the time before night night. Needless to say life can be caotic now and we only do that sometimes now. He has heard some of these hymns MANY times. He sat next to me in the rocking chair with a blanket and we rocked and I sang. Finially, it was decided we were on our last song and Ross and I agreed to "What a Friend". He has to "approve" the song first. I sang "What a friend we have in Jesus all our sin and grief to bear" I got no further than that and he interrupted with "We don't like sin", I agreed, he said "I am bad to Mommy". He told me this at least 2 times. I talked with him that Mommy sins and makes God sad too sometimes. How interesting that he is so intuned and is thinking about the hymns and applying!!! Wow, that is a comfort to know. We all make mistakes and sin but it is important to recognize our faults and sin so we can deal with them. May this pattern of sensitivity continue in him.
ANNALINA STORY: We were about to leave school and Annalina saw 2 of her teachers daughters sitting on the sidewalk step. I know she knows the one if not both and the one is a high school graduate. She walked over to them leans in toward their faces and examines. I knew something was coming I just didn't know what! The girl was wearing makeup in an obvious way and Annalina said "How did you get your eyelashes purple?!" The 2 girls got a big kick out of that!
I may not have laid back kids that make life "easy breezy lemon squeazy" (as the kids would say). They may not be quiet at all the right times, they may jump around like monkeys, but I wouldn't have it any other way as long as I see that they take The Lord God seriously and are sensitive to His words. My prayer is that they will grow up to Love the Lord with all their heart, soul, and mind. In fact, I prefer they are outgoing, inquisitive, and SPEAK instead of just soaking everything in without thinking about what they are hearing. May they grow up to be passionate Christians and not luke warm. This mother would be thrilled to see that. Hard to imagine God using a broken vessel like me to help mold them. It's sobering.
No comments:
Post a Comment