Monday, August 25, 2008

My Second Baby Leaves the Nest






Today was the first day of school for Annalina. It is definitely going to require more time in the morning with 2 going to school. Annalina is a slower starter in the morning whereas when Gabriel gets up he is awake and ready to go but Annalina was excited! On the way to school she said "I put on my good brain" and she told Gabriel to put on his brain and he said "click" like he was turning it on. Gabriel was telling Annalina what they could do during recess and said something about her getting help from a first grader she said "I don't need help". Annalina for you!

She is quite a bit smaller than alot of the kids but she got a lot of heart and will be fine. She did a great job as school started and took if very seriously. One mother said "she is really listening!" That's good!! Mrs. Jung read the Kissing Hand book and I went over and kissed the palm of her hand. She seemed ready. A parent from the 1st grade class obviously was in that class at the start and told Brian that Gabriel had "done a great job". That was so kind of her to tell him knowing we needed to be in the other class.

I started watching one of the 2nd grade teachers little girl. She had a really rough time but I prayed and asked the Lord to show me how to handle it and he did. With each book that I read I could tell she got more comfortable. I started teaching her to write her name today. She is a four year old. She is funny. Ross was being goofy and she said "maybe you should put him in the cage" talking about the dog crate! Ross wasn't being bad just active! I thought it was pretty funny.

No comments: