Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's for Thanksgiving/Christmas Celebration

 Carson's robot outfit from Grandma and Grandpa!
He loved it.

Ok, I have to say how disappointed I am in the pictures I DIDN'T take. The kids played games with Grandma (especially Gabriel--that's their thing-Mankala and Chess), raked leaves, pruned, cut flowers, went to see Christmas lights, played and played and played, and I took almost no pictures of the time with Grandma and Grandpa at the house which is the most important time! Oh well, good memories for sure. The kids had an absolute BLAST with them and didn't want to leave. I heard that A LOT leading up to our time to depart! That is just as it should be. We're blessed that my parents are such involved grandparents and make it a point to influence our children through their love and attention.

They gave Babe and I an AMAZING gift . . . nights spent at a hotel! A nice hotel! We weren't sure what to think about it at first because we wanted to spend time with my parents but we really enjoyed our time together and ability to sleep in. I never thought of that! I'm used to early mornings! Grandma and Grandpa enjoyed having the kids to themselves without us 
around to crush the fun!:-) Again, just as it should be. It was just what Babe and I needed and we didn't even know it!


 Fun in the pool with Grandpa!!

 Good times!!
 Time with Grandma and Grandpa is never boring.
 Jedidiah really enjoyed the pool with Daddy . . .

 and SPLASHING!!
 Grandpa is learning how to play this complex war game.
Gabriel has his ruler out measure how far some warrior can go!
 Yep, Kaya was at the game time watching.
OOOh, let me at the toys the bigs kids like so much!

No comments: