Well, this is the start of my Christmas season blogs. The above picture was taken with Mrs. W at the piano Christmas party Mrs. W throws every year. The kids had a grand time and enjoyed the lady that came with the exotic animals that they could hold.
This Christmas season our family was invited to sing/kids play piano at a church in the Springs. That was out of my comfort zone and I know we didn't sound professional but we did practice a lot and I prayed about it. The best is all you can do! It was a good experience but more importantly we got to sing praises to our most amazing Heavenly Father.
The kids and I also went to a home school service project at an assisted living home to make ornaments for the residents. Again a good experience! I think the elderly really enjoyed seeing fresh faces. It was a most unique experience aside from the service aspect. We were around home schoolers like I have NEVER met before and I walked out with some pretty unique experiences and funny stories. I got to share them the other night with our friends who came over. Just when you think you've seen it all people break the molds and stereo types!!!
We've been counting down to Christmas with our advent calendars and read the Christmas story. I was reminded through my Bible reading that the Word was made flesh. How thankful for that I am. How unique that Jesus the Saviour would come as a "vulnerable infant" to save the world. Christmas day I had time on my own to read the Christmas story which was great. There is a song I like that is about being a mother this time of year. I completely get it . . . it talks about how "I need a silent night" . . . and talks about "all the choas and the noise". There are Christmas parties, entertaining, performances, shopping, etc., etc. It is sometimes hard to focus on the true reason of Christmas . . . the Christ child and His purpose of coming.
Then we had 16 people come through in different groups over the course of about 4 days. We have had a great time hanging out with family and friends. That is all going to continue into the New Year with getting to meet up with a friend I haven't seen in many years and whom I have great memories with and later in the month hanging out with friends and having a lefsa (Norwegian food) making party.
Well, so here I go to post a ton of pictures of memories. It may take me awhile to get them all up.
No comments:
Post a Comment