Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Highlights of My Week

*I am often thankful for my hubby but this week things came about that just really brought it to my mind. On Mother's Day our pastor preached on husband's dwelling in knowledge with their wives. As I listened I thought . . . that is what Babe does. I often thank God for my hubby. He prays daily that he would be the husband he should be and it is obvious. Then the other day we had a situation with our move and we just weren't sure what we would do. By the time Babe got done he came out and said "You are going to want to kiss me till the cows come home." He not only solved the issue but solved it in a way that was obvious he was thinking of the kids and I. I heard one of the kids say "We have the best Daddy!" I told the kids there are many things I like about Daddy but one thing I really like is he does not sit around complaining about things he is proactive and finds a way to fix the problem.

*Yesterday morning I heard that one kid in the house was up and in the kitchen and everyone else was still in bed. It sounded like they were preparing our cereal breakfast and thought maybe it was Gabriel. After awhile I got up and went out and found Ross and he was so happy he said "I am making breakfast!" He had even poured the milk in our bowls before anybody else was out of bed!:-) I went and told Gabriel and Annalina what Ross had done and they smiled. We all had a wonderfully prepared breakfast thanks to Ross!

*Watched Carson through the nursery window tonight at church. It was so sweet to watch him trying and trying and trying to make a crying baby happy. I know other kids do that but we were pleased to see Carson caring for someone else. He is the baby of the family and I am glad to see that in him.

*Thankful this week I have learned how to do basic knitting. It is helpful to me to have that to do. Unfortunately, today I got myself into a spot I can't get out of by myself. Bummer. Earlier today Ross watched me knitting and said "How did you get so good? You could teach." He wasn't joking or trying to brown nose. He just thought his Mommy was doing well even though I've only had only a handful of lessons! :-) That's my Ross though. Oh, I had to have Annalina show me how to "cast on" the other day because I couldn't remember how but she did!

*This week was also a week where I saw God so clearly in some little things. It was a reminder to me that God leads us. It is so thrilling to see God in the little things. He knows the number of hairs of my head and he cares for me.

No comments: