Also, sometimes I hesitate with my blog because I go on about the kids. Please remember this blog is for my OWN memory bank. Believe me I am not blind to my children's faults. :-) I see them quite clearly and this week I got GREAT view of them all!
OK, back to my blessings of the week . . .
*My sister-in-law called the other day. My blessing here is . . . I love my sister-in-law . . . when we get to talk like we did it is like having a sister. That is a blessing even though I do have great brothers!
*My friend in Washington state emailed me and said she thought of me in REI the other day and picked out in her mind what she thought would be the water bottle that I would like and then emailed me a picture. My blessing here is . . . my friend has shown through the years she is just that a real life-long friend. Isn't it nice to know someone thought of you and that they know you well enough to pick out what you like?
*We had talked in devotions not to long ago (I think I blogged about it) about how we could share Christ. Gabriel decided to give it a try in swimming and got a very short conversation started. He wants to continue but really he doesn't have time to talk much or talk at any extent about salvation through Jesus. I found a children's tract that came from the Creation Museum and it walks a reading child through coming to know Christ! Gabriel is so excited to give it to him at his next swim lesson. My blessing . . . watching a child that listens and then wants to be a doer.
*Annalina displayed an excellent spirit at the AWANA awards ceremony. She had finished her 3 books in the last 2 school years and had earned the Sparky award plaque but instead they presented her with a certificate of participation in AWANA. She never even flinched. In fact, I thought she didn't even realize the mistake. When we talked about it later she told me she did notice and she said "I thought maybe they just got confused because I had used the old book." Which is exactly what happened! She wanted to use the old AWANA book because as she told the AWANA workers the verses are longer. After the ceremony Babe inquired about it, it was remedied and she received her plaque and thought the night was just the best! My blessing . . . a little girl that isn't concerned about recognition in front of everyone and had an excellent spirit about being overlooked.
*Carson is starting to use more words. I love it. I love hearing "Ma, Ma" and I love his hugs. My blessing . . . love from my little munchkin, of course. He is definitely in that terrible 2's stage but we all love him and he adds so much to life. He LOVES the book Green Eggs and Ham!!
*I have a neat story about Ross but I will write about that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment