Sunday, April 3, 2011

Monarch Knitting

Awhile back my sister in law was here and started teaching Annalina and I how to knit. She did a great job giving us a taste of knitting and a start on learning! Thanks Theo! Knitting is something that I really have wanted to learn to do so I signed Annalina and I up for 2 knitting lessons in April and will probably sign us up for more. We went to Monarch Knitting in Pacific Grove. When we got done Annalina said "That was fun!" She caught on quite fast. The lady teaching us, Sandy, was an amazing teacher and has been knitting since she was 10 in the 1940's! She is sweet and has a lot of experience! I have been praying that I would be able to learn. I think it would be a great thing to do for mental relaxation!
I copied the Monarch Butterfly Knitting blog because they told me they posted a picture of Annalina. They REALLY REALLY enjoyed having her there. Their blog piece is below . . . .

And now for a cute picture from today's beginner knitting lessons, taught gently and sweetly (and efficiently!) by Sandy Martin. Here, she's helping Annalina, who caught on super-quickly.
It seems like everyone's a natural, but it's Sandy's teaching method!

Her students love her. She does not believe in smacking them on the head to get them going, like I do. No! I don't! I was kidding! Sheesh!


No comments: