Saturday, February 12, 2011

Weekend Trip to Colorado



A few weekends ago Babe and I and Carson flew to Colorado for a house hunting trip which is a whole other story but while we were there we got to meet up with my brother Quentin and his wife Theo and their 2 foster kids. This was the highlight of our trip. We fell in love with the 2 little boys at first sight. Carson enjoyed the older of the 2 boys. This week those 2 little ones were taken back to their family and we all morn their absence but especially my brother and his wife who showered those boys with love and vice versa.

When Gabriel was doing his Bible reading one night he came across the verse Psalm 126 about "Those that sow in tears with reap in joy" he thought of his aunt and uncle and now feels sure that God has something great for them soon. I love how he grabbed onto that for them and even prayed that verse the day we got on the floor to pray for the transfer of the boys as it was about to take place. I am so excited to see what God has for them. They are an amazing couple that loves and serves the Lord with all their heart. They bonded with those boys and did an amazing job with them in the weeks they had them. I wish I could post pictures of the boys but I can't do that but I thought I would post some of Carson happy to be with his aunt and uncle!

No comments: