Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New Creature

II Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Even though it has only been a short time since Ross has received Jesus as his Saviour I have already seen evidence of this new relationship with his Saviour. Yes, Ross still has his strong will and personality and no there is not an angelic glow to him but here is what I have seen.

One, he has been easier to instruct. I can tell he is trying to do the right thing. There are people that we run into on a bi-weekly basis that for some reason Ross has been very uncomfortable around and he would struggle responding kindly to them and now he talks politely to them even though I can still tell he isn't comfortable. At the pool the other day Ross came running to me and the lifeguard yelled at him to stop running. Ross was upset that attention had been drawn to him and he folded his arms and put out a poochy lip. He apologized for being "bad" to me but was still upset. I explained that being bad was when you purposely do what you know you shouldn't and that this was a lesson and explained the lifeguard yelled so that he was sure to hear him. I also told him he needed to have a good attitude and excellent spirit. He took some time and changed his attitude. Later Ross was just being spritely and the lifeguard just got cautious and said something to Ross and he immediately obeyed with a happy heart. He came to me and said "I obeyed the lifeguard right away." He had an excellent spirit!

Two, one night I was talking to all the kids about an especially rough day with obedience with them. Ross said "What happens when you are a Christian and you sin?" He was thinking!!!! Good question!!

Three, I was talking to him one day and he said something to me about when he makes a big mess he prays and asked Jesus what he should do. I was very impressed by this. THAT is a relationship, being in constant communion with his heavenly Father even about what might seem a small thing. The other day after making a mess in the bathroom from missing the toilet he went and just started cleaning it up!!!

Four, he has started making up songs. The one I heard today was something like "Jesus is Lord and Saviour" it was so cute. He also came to me with a song he made up that went something like "Trust, trust in Jesus. Trust, trust, trust in Jesus. Just to know the Saviour Lord." I love that song. The Bible talks about "Singing and making melody in your heart"!

Five, interested in the rapture. Ross--"How will we get up in the sky?", "How will we find Jesus?" He was not scared about it, just interested in how it was going to work! I heard him say the other day about our souls going to heaven and I knew he had listened to me teaching him the other day about death!

1 comment:

Theo-Ann said...

Praise the Lord! I love those pictures of him.:)