Friday, April 23, 2010

Another Auntie Visit this time Auntie Theo!




The kids were THRILLED that Auntie Theo was coming to visit with us (my brother Quentin's wife. Quentin is a pastor in Colorado). Theo totally lived up to every expectation of her and beyond (they hadn't seen her in years). Theo is EXREMELY gifted with teaching and connecting with children. Theo used to teach kindergarten and did so for many years and she is also very into crafts.

She brought a big craft book and let each of them pick out a craft they would like to do with her and we went shopping and she got the supplies for them. I didn't get pictures but I am going to post some once she sends the pictures she took of them! Gabriel made a cardboard and cork castle with a drawbridge for his Playmobil warriors and he loves it. Annalina LOVES toy snakes and she made a snake out of an old t-shirt, floral wire, googly eyes, and paint. It turned out WAY cute! Ross picked out a paper plate duck on a dowel. Ross really liked all the painting he got to do with his project!!!

Auntie Theo also spoiled them with gifts puzzles, tracing paper, book, and pumpkin seeds that are supposed to grow to be possibly 400-500 lbs which was super exciting to Gabriel who just planted a garden with Daddy with corn in it! A 500 lb. pumpkin would be a super fun addition to any 2nd grade boys garden! She also made one of her special recipes of corn dog muffins which she used Jiffy cornbread mix, canned corn, and cut up hot dogs. The kids really enjoyed it especially Gabriel who hardly ever takes 2nds at dinner let alone 3rds and he asked for 3rds!! They were Yummy!!

One of Annalina's favorite things she did with her Aunti was the 2 choir lessons she gave them. She taught the how to sing and how to perform so as not to draw attention to themselves but to the words and ultimately to God. Annalina LOVED the classes and I would see her practicing her singing using what she learned!!

Last night when I was putting the kids to bed Gabriel said to me "I noticed something about Auntie Theo" and I asked him what it was that he noticed. He said "I noticed in the van when she was talking about hard thing [in life] that she always mentioned God too . . . . . I think I can learn from that." Ahh, it is so important the people that surround children and I am thankful for even in the short amount of time she spent with them that she sharpened them in their relationship with Christ.
Hopefully, I'll get some more pictures of her time here posted.

Pictures above:
top picture and middle picture-Theo and Ross cooking
last picture-brave Aunt becomes target for nerf target practice

THANK YOU AUNTIE THEO!!!! YOU'RE A BLESSING!!!!

1 comment:

Theo-Ann said...

Thanks for the sweet post--it was so encouraging! Your kids are great...it was awesome for me to see how you and Brian are training them to love God and His Word.