Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sub Club--Bible Club

Awhile back the kids came up with their own club and called it Sub Club because they found a paper with those words on it which I think was an advertisement for Subway! Babe and I thought that was so cute and funny. Anyway, their club was kind of similar to AWANA club. They would say verses to each other, etc. Recently, they formed a new club which really I don't think they have formerly named yet. Gabriel reads a Bible story, a passage of Scripture, maybe a game time, and the other day they did a craft out of pipe cleaner to make the the shape of "E" for Elijah which was who their Bible story was about!

Gabriel did such a wonderful job reading to the others and running it. He came to me just before he was going to read the Bible and he thought the chapter was to long and he said "I'll just break it up it parts till we finish it" he started reading and had Ross repeat the phrase he had just read then continued and when he got to the part of creation where God said "Let there be light" I heard Gabriel say "Isn't that amazing!" He continued on and explained God dividing the firmament. He did a better job than I would have done. Ross didn't make it through the whole thing but Annalina did. Gabriel took it so seriously and wanted to teach them. I was pleased to see his knowledge of Scripture and his heart to share it. I got some clips of the Bible Club session on video.

1 comment:

Theo-Ann said...

That is so neat! For some reason, I can't watch the videos. Can you send them to us via e-mail? It's such a wonderful thing that Gabriel has a heart to share God's Word at such a young age. Could he be the next pastor in the family?:)