Thursday, January 14, 2010

Making Doughnuts with Daddy



When Babe was deployed last year the kids and I started talking about the possibility of making doughnuts with daddy with a fry daddy. (We have to have our Saturday morning doughnuts!) We got the fry daddy in the fall and during Christmas break finially got around to making them! It took A LOT of time . . . more than what is reasonable for little kids eager to eat them to wait but the process was fun and we talked of maybe buying bread dough and starting at that point, which would shave off a lot of the waiting time!! The kids enjoyed it. Gabriel did find my substitute for bavarian creme filled doughnuts not the best substitute! I used vanilla pudding!!!! Hmm, maybe search the internet for a recipe. Anyway, the mission was accomplished! I LOVED the onion rings Babe made in the fryer. I'd love to try those onion rings on a juicy cheeseburger!

No comments: