Wednesday, December 9, 2009

One Year Starts from Today

Couple momentous things from today. Gabriel and I started reading through the Bible together. Our goal is to finish in a year. We read our own Bible and just sat next to each other and set the timer for 13 minutes. I had heard recently that 11 minutes a day will do it and I'm a slow reader so 13 might be better! It was fun and Gabriel and I talked about the Tree of Life after we were done and how that Adam and Eve would have had to live forever in their sin if they had eaten it and how in Revelation that tree will be open to eat from with 12 fruits. What will it taste like? Anyway, I am excited to have this journey with Gabriel. It was funny to me that in just the first day we thought some of the same things about the same verses and he brought it up!

Carson started getting up on his hands and knees more consistently today! Yah, crawling is on its way!

Ross was so funny today I was reading him Christmas books he was pulling out of the Christmas book box and he grabbed one book and didn't open it up to look inside it until he got to me and to his dismay it was not a picture book but a book filled with WORDS!! He said "THIS BOOK SCARES ME IT HAS WORDS!" Again and Again, so cute.

Just something I read and liked:

"Just think, you're here not by chance,
but by God's choosing.
His hand formed you
and made you
the person you are.
He compares you to no one else--
you are one of a kind.
You lack nothing
that His grace can't give you.
He has allowed you to be here at this time in history to fulfill His special purpose
for this generation."--Roy Lessin

1 comment:

Theo-Ann said...

Hi Abigail! I've enjoyed catching up on your blog. You're an amazing mom, and your kids say the neatest things! Hope you guys are staying healthy and warm. It is soooo cold here (you're probably glad you're not here, eh?) We're doing good...keeping busy with Christmas projects and church. Take care! Love, Theo