Saturday, December 5, 2009

Constant Mommy Equals Much JOY.

I was telling my parents stories about the kids today as I was talking to the them on the phone and my dad said you need to put those on your blog.

Annalina was drawing a picture to go along with a thank you note she had written to Grandma and Grandpa for some fun things they had sent to her. They were really meant for crafting but she thought they looked like Smudgies which is a strange creature that comes off one of her favorite shows "The Upside Down Show". She had drawn a picture of she and Ross playing with the Smudgies and came to show it to me and I thought it was cute then she said she still had to "draw Mommy to make the picture real." She meant that the picture wouldn't be a true picture if Mommy wasn't there, basically Mommy is always there. Boy, talk about grabbing my heart. Sometimes I get discouraged that I haven't lost my baby weight because I am so busy or I look tired but it is statements like that make it all worth while. I love being a part of the pictures of their lives. It is a great joy and as it says in a quote the mother that stays home is paid one of the highest salaries LOVE." So true!

The other story was from about a week and a half ago. Gabriel had been saving money to buy a remote control dinosaur and finially had enough money to purchase it. We were getting ready to leave the house and Gabriel said "Mommy, are we really going to go buy the dinosaur?" I heard Annalina say to Gabriel "Mommy, wouldn't say it if she wasn't going to do it."

I love my job. Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the responsibility and even the amount of work which thanks to a fantastic husband is easier and sometimes I feel like pulling out my hair but I LOVE my work of love. God has blessed me with an amazing husband and amazing kids. When I type that it sounds so over said but God really is so good, so good to me.

No comments: