Monday, December 28, 2009

Conversation with Philosophical Annalina

This happened a few weeks ago but I am finially getting it blogged. One morning at breakfast Annalina asked me "When can I drive?" We discussed that and then she said "Why do people have to go to college?" I said it was because it opened up more opportunities, usually better paying jobs, and that sometimes jobs were closed to people simply for the fact they didn't have a college degree. Annalina's response was "What about what Jesus wants you to do?" Good point! I said that we should study something that would help what Jesus wants us to do! After she and I talked she turned to Ross and said "Ross, God opens doors for you. He doesn't really come to the door! . . . . . . That would be a surprise!" Wow, where did she get that illustration and understand it!! Pretty funny!

After that conversation she started talking about the night before when (Babe was at school writing a paper) and I heard a banging on the house, etc. and I called Babe to let him know I did now know what I was hearing and it was scary and I put the kids in the bathroom and told them to lock the door. The first few minutes I was in there with them and Gabriel started quoting out loud Joshua 1:9 "Have not I commanded you be strong and of a good courage . . ." I could tell he was encouraging himself in the Lord. Annalina started praying and Ross saw her doing that so he prayed too. Gabriel told me later "Bible verses are always useful for a time in need." Very true.

Anyway, back to breakfast and what Annalina told me. She said "Mommy, last night when we were locked in the bathroom (when Babe came home he and I were out in the house with the kids still in the bathroom to make sure all was well) I told Ross how to go to heaven. I want him to get saved. I hoped in my head that he would talk to a Cubbies leader, I said "He could talk to Mommy and Daddy to which she replied "I know but if he wasn't with you." I was very touched she didn't know what was going to happen to Mommy and Daddy out in the house or to them and she saw the need to share the good news of the Gospel with her little brother. "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speeketh."

I talked to the kids later and told them that I was pleased with how they handled the situation and said that the only thing I want for them and that I pray for is that they will "love the Lord with all their heart, soul, and mind." Gabriel said "Duet 6:5" I said "what is that?" because I don't remember references to verses. Then he started quoting the verse I had just said to him. He was just adding the reference to what I had said. I am very glad to see that they are hiding God's Word in their hearts. Ross told me "I think I need to grow up to be a soldier for God" and I hope he does that. It would thrill this mommy's heart.

No comments: