Friday, May 22, 2009

From Black and White to Color . . . Carson Arrives!!




I woke up on the morning of April 24th at around 3:45 am with a contraction. I was still a bit groggy and Babe asked if I was alright when I finially woke up some we started timing the contractions (4am) and the contractions were about 6.5 minutes apart and at 4:15am they were 5.5 minutes apart. I thought they still seemed quite a distance apart and thought there was still a chance they may stop. I decided to get up and get some things done that needed attention if I was to leave I had hardly stood up (maybe a minute or 2) and the contractions dropped to 2 minutes apart and they were intense. I called my friend Sky at around 4:30am to come take care of the kids. She has been my minuteman in the last few months always ready at a moments notice! 

As we waited for her to arrive we were getting things ready and Annalina heard the commotion and woke up. We told her what was going on and even when she saw me having a contraction she never panicked. She was completely in control of herself and she thought we were leaving her in charge while we left to go to the hospital! When Brian came to check if she was doing things he had asked she looked at him and said "What are you doing?" She thought we were leaving! She was like a little Mommy ready to take charge. I was so proud of her!! I heard later that Ross when he woke up was uneasy but when Sky told him baby Sprout wanted to come out now!! He was a good sport.

Brian and I took off for St. Mary's Hospital in Reno which is over a hour away. Some of the way Brian was driving 85-90 miles per hour. The contractions intensified horribly and I told him to step on it because I could feel things happening!! We arrived at the hospital at approx. 6:30 and I was in the hospital bed around 6:50am. Two nurses checked me and both said there was no cervix and therefore I could have NO pain medication. I had a feeling that was coming but it still unnerved me. I am not a natural child birther! When I had Gabriel I had an epideral and they turned it off and I felt like I was being tortured while I delivered a 9 lb 8 oz Gabriel. I remember I just wanted to pass out needless to say the thought of going through with out pain meds was disturbing to make it worse the doctor was not there and they made me wait for him while I was fully dilated. I could not do any fancy breathing but I could scream through them!! The doctor arrived at approx. 7:20 and broke my water. Carson was born after 3 pushes at 7:34am. After his delivery the doctor really struggled to remove the placenta and that was very uncomfortable and it came out in 2 to 3 pieces. I ended up with delivering with no meds and a stage 2 epesiotomy (better than Gabriel's birth with a 4th degree). I know many women like to go the natural route but I am a wimp!! I must say though this is the quickest recovery I've EVER had and I wonder if it is due to the natural delivery and if so that was a nice thing to have. I have also lost 30 of 50 pounds I gained which is encouraging at 4 weeks since his delivery. (Heather if your reading this YOUR RIGHT about the feeding!) 

Now people have read my sob story about hard deliveries! :-) They were worth every bit of pain to have the children God has blessed me with.

1 comment:

Heather Marie said...

Of course Heather is reading!!!! :-)

I'm so glad you shared your story!! I've been waiting to hear!

Congratulations, again!!!!!