1) Gabriel and his Daddy were watching a documentary on the War of 1812. They were both just loving it. I heard Gabriel say to his daddy "Why are they fighting when the Bible says we should love our enemies?" Daddy explained that the Bible was talking about our personal lives not country against country! I was impressed that Gabriel was analyzing what he was watching in light of the Scriptures!!! SUPER!
2) Gabriel was laying on the futon on his back and I asked him what he was doing. He said "There on no fire alarms in the house the builders must have forgotten them". Then he mentioned how he learned on a DVD about firefighters that there should always be fire alarms. We finially found one in the hallway!! He is a thinker and observant!!
3)On Sunday Gabriel AGAIN got the good kid award during children's church. He frequently gets it and one of the leaders said "Gabriel is always good". Babe asked Annalina if she was good and she replied "I don't know" (We thought this was funny because it is her personality coming out). I asked Gabriel and he said that Annalina sat like he sat and was good too. He said maybe they just got us confused. Gabriel shared the large chocolate bar he was given with her. What a sweetie.
4) The other night Gabriel was just EXHAUSTED. We have been so busy with the move, company, etc. He was really acting out and being bad. We put him to bed and he came out to where we were. I took him back and asked what was wrong. He said he couldn't sleep because he kept thinking of the bad words (really more of an attitude) he had said. I asked him what he needed to do and he said "pray". He did and was fine and laid down in bed and slept right away.
5)We were up at Lake Tahoe the other day and at an outdoor resteraunt and Gabriel started questioning me "Did you and Daddy live in different places before you were married?" I told him we did and that was God's way. He wanted to know how he would know who he should marry and I told him the #1 in importance is that they love God. He said "How will I know that?"I did not want to get to deep about this he is only 6! I gave him an example that if the other person would rather go do other things than go to church that would be a clue. He reacted "Oh, no". He also asked me if I had graduated from high school. I told him I had and I had also graduated from college. He asked me what school I was in now. Babe told me later I should have told him "the school of life"! Anyway, I told him when we move to Monterrey Daddy would go to master's school to study computers. He thought studying computers sounded quite strange!!
What a kid. He is a thinker.
No comments:
Post a Comment