New Year's Eve night I had one of my sons come to me with things that have been heavy on his mind. What a kid. He knows TRUTH and truth is important to him. After working through some of his concerns he said to me "I thought generations were supposed to teach the next generation and then that generation gets better? America is getting worse." This was not a simple statement but a heartfelt ache. Wow, where did that come from? I was a bit surprised it was a little off topic. I reassured him of what I know he already knew . . . I wanted to just state that Christ had not let down the generations the generations are letting down Christ. Being a parent is such serious business. Our kids must be equipped with the armour of God. I pray for my kids to grow up to love the Lord their God with all their heart, soul, and minds. May Christ empower Babe and I as we seek to raise children that love and serve their Lord.
As I was talking to the one son another came in and said he needed to talk to me. I said I would when I was finished with the conversation I was in. That son later came in and cried. He missed family that had just left, he was sad about a family member (not even close to us) that is going to go home to be with the Lord this year but what he was REALLY REALLY sad about was his Great Grandmother who does not know Christ as her Saviour and he prayers for her and he wept and wept. He feels time is running out (and it is, she is in her 90's) and the thought of losing her forever was more than his heart could bear. He said still emotional "There are so many things I could do when I grow up but I can only do one! I think I want to bring people to Christ." I don't know what Christ has in his plans for him but bringing the lost to Christ is always on the list, huh?! He went on to tell me how he loves people and even people he may see in the grocery story he may pray for.
After talking to my children and hearing their hearts mine felt solemn. Their hearts are so tender. Please Lord let the heart stay tender. Life has a way of jading. What is in store for my children's generation? God holds the future and it is my and my hubby's job to nurture them so it is easy to choose a relationship with their Saviour and that that relationship permeates their lives.
No, it is not all the time I have conversations like that! It was a unique night. Often, their is laughing and playing and noise but I guess their little minds and hearts were in overdrive.
No comments:
Post a Comment