My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
Mark Twain
I love this quote. I want my kids to grow up knowing I enjoyed the journey of their childhood. That despite all the hard things that come with being a mother that I enjoyed being a mother to them. I am thankful this Mother's Day for the life I live. Never in my best dreams could I have dreamed of the husband and children I have. With homeschooling days can be really stressful with an infant wanting to eat NOW, a toddler that pottied in his pants, a daughter who day dreams and wants to "watch the butterflies", a 5 year old who really has no desire to do school and would rather wrestle with his brother, and an almost 10 year old that needs help on a hard math problem. I feel like I'm at best treading water some days. I need to improve on time management (I could sit and hold my baby all day. I love it) and not sweating the small stuff but there is always something to work on and that is what I tell the kids. I love my life. I am finding I enjoy motherhood more with each passing year but with each year also comes new hardships and challenges. I'm thankful for prayer that I can ask for wisdom and pray for the future of my kids because they and their daddy mean the world to me. I'm thankful for godly parents that I can ask advice of and receive godly wisdom and instruction.Mark Twain
My Prayer
God please help me grow as a mommy and wife this year . . . may I be more selfless, more patient, more longsuffering, and better in managing my time. I have SOOOO much to learn but I know with you all things are possible. Help me not to expect perfection from myself or my children but help me live in your grace and wisdom and show that grace and teach your wisdom to my children. Thank you for loving me and blessing me with the life I have. In Jesus Name AMEN.
No comments:
Post a Comment