Thursday, January 12, 2012

"they may rest from their labours"

I got a very unexpected call this morning that my Uncle Neil went to be with Jesus last night. My heart morns his loss. Few people lived the way he lived with his circumstances. He was paralized since he was a young man yet despite all he couldn't do or the places he couldn't go he lived viberantely and planted flowers where he was. He was a joy to those around him. He planned the flower beds in the winter for the nursing home, he cheered the cheerless, spent time with those less fortunate than him.

The kids and I mourned together this morning. So interesting to see how we each mourn differently. My Uncle Neil REALLY liked the kids and spoke of them to others. My kids only met him once but it only took once to bind him to their hearts. That's what type of person he was.

Ross has prayed for him for quite sometime that he wouldn't have to use his wheelchair anymore. I would hear him pray this and think that is sweet but it won't happen but it has happened he is now walking the streets of heaven in his glorified body. Ross thanked God that he can walk now. Gabriel would ask about Neil and his ability to play chess (he was a very good chess player) and Gabriel mourned the loss of his great uncle and the chance to play chess with him. He had really wanted to do that. Annalina was teary-eyed and wants a picture up in her room when she was with him. Carson had no clue what was happening but would comment on who was crying and when I walked into a room he had his arms wrapped around Gabriel to comfort him.

Neil went peacefully in his sleep. What a way to go! He is absent in the body but present with His Lord. We'll miss you Uncle Neil. Thank you for the example you were to me and my children.

1 comment:

Sky said...

I am sorry for your loss. I remember you telling me about him, he was a hero to me too.