I had 2 friends introduce me to the Jonathan Parks CD series (thank you H. F. and K. A.). The kids have really enjoyed listening to the adventures and learning more on the creation vs. evolution debate. I have been surprised at the depth of these Cd's. You think of stuff like this as being for younger kids but really adults are going to learn listening to these! I still really like ICR material but after that foundation I think Vision Forum does an even better job of giving a lot of substantive information in defending a creation stance.
Anyway, I met a lady since moving here that told me and loaned me the first Jonathan Parks study guide book that goes along with the first CD. We just finished the book and have taken our time going through it. SOOOOO much information. Some of this stuff is DEEP (at least for me and my NONE scientific mind!) and honestly is probably better for 3rd graders on up. (Cd's could go younger. Ross enjoys listening to them and he's 5) I had a hard time wrapping my head around Fibonacci numbers but I got the jist of what it meant! We learned the difference between Micro vs. Macro evolution and reasons evolution does NOT make logical/scientific sense or have credibility. I plan on buying the next study guide and reading that also to the kids. I learned a lot and it cements and deepens the kids understanding of what they are hearing in the CD's. Love this book.
No comments:
Post a Comment