Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Over Zealous Cleaners . . .

Today I heard Annalina say to Ross "Let's clean the house". I thought, well that would be great if they picked up the toys without being asked to! The kids like to AT TIMES be praised for "initiative"! Well, it didn't actually work for me today. I heard Carson start to cry and went out to investigate. The older kids had gotten bleach wipes and in their zealous cleaning they saw Baby Carson and decided his FACE and HEAD needed a cleaning!!! I cleaned his face and head off with a wash cloth and he got a red mark around his eye but the red went down. Annalina and Ross were trying to "help" by cleaning their brother but I informed them bleach wipes were not the thing to use!!

Many weeks ago Ross came one night and asked me to take care of his Daddy Bear (special bear that grandpa and grandma Johnson got him because Daddy was gone so much). Anyway, I agreed to take care of him. Weeks went by and just recently after Ross had gone to bed he came to our room with Daddy Bear and said "Daddy Bear is to hard to take care of. Will you take care of him for me?" Hmmmm, we replied "Would you want us to ask someone else to take care of you because you were hard?" The reply was a resounding "NO" and the resolution was for him to keep Daddy Bear and the 2 of them went to bed. Hmmm, if he lives near us in his adult years we may be seeing a lot of his children!!! :-)

No comments: