When we did get in the car I talked to her about being an Esther and reminded her how Esther went in front of the King and was brave and that when something is what God wants us to do He will help us through it. I prayed and asked for God to help her be an Esther as she went to the Dentist office. I then said if you will be an Esther we'll go to the Dollar Store when were done. I can't say how proud I was of her. She was a COMPLETELY different little girl! She was happy, relaxed, polite, cooperative.
When we walked up to the receptionist she told her about how she was going to be like Queen Esther then she said "I've been thinking about fasting." TOO FUNNY!! When we went back to the dentist and hygenist she talked their ears off "Mommy had lots of cavities when she was little", "My Grandpa went to a dentist that was gentle", "What's that?", etc., etc., etc. She played with the dentist head lamp. Then in between them working on her teeth she got to tell them about Queen Esther being brave when she came in front of the king. As they worked on her a few times she would happily lift her hand up and wave at me. One time in between them working on her teeth she said "I love you Mommy". I wish I had a video tape of her visit she was just the sweetest thing. I couldn't have been more proud. The dentist told me "It doesn't usually go this smoothly". She was so good the hygenist said she was going to give something more than a balloon to Annalina since she had been SOO good. Annalina asked what it was and she said she had to wait until they were done. Annalina said "Is it candy?" Which was hyserical considering she was at the dentist for cavities!!
After we were done she asked if we could go to the Dollar Store just the 2 of us. So we went and the FIRST thing she did was look for something for her brothers. What a sweetie. She got Ross an alligator mask/hat and Gabriel a pirate patch, hat and sword. Ross pretended was the crocodile that ate Captain Hooks hand in Peter Pan and Annalina pretended to be Tinker Bell and went and put on some of her dress up wings.
She told me later she was proud of herself. I said see what can happen when you have God help you? You can do what didn't seem possible. Annalina loves her God and is such a determined little girl. I'm blessed so much by each child I have.
No comments:
Post a Comment