Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Ways are not HIS Ways . . .

Over Christmas I found a lump behind Gabriel's ear. It has been scary for him and me. He has been referred to a surgeon to have it removed and I am waiting on the referral to schedule the appt. It has been hard. Not only was the situation hard but watching Gabriel be so bothered by it tore me up. I not only pray for the lump to go away but also for a strengthing of Gabriel's relationship with his God and I believe I have seen that. He was so uneasy and understandibly so!!!! We had devotions one night on Esther and how sometimes God puts us in scary situations but He has a plan for our life. He seems to have relaxed and be at more peace lately. I am proud of him he tries so hard to do the right thing. He is quite the 6 year old. I know I didn't handle the situation appropriately at first it just made me feel numb and scared but thankfully the Lord has given me strength and more peace. Not that I never start to worry but I have made definite strides. God's ways are not my ways which is a good thing but sometimes makes it hard to understand things. But He doesn't call us to understanding but to Faith and Faithfulness.

No comments: