Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mental Preparation for the Surgery

Gabriel's surgery has been scheduled for this Monday. We have to be there at 6:30am. Florence is coming late the night before to help get Annalina off to school and take care of Ross. Her help is a huge relief and blessing. Gabriel had been terrified of this but yesterday we got to talking and come to find out he seemed to think he was going to be awake AND be able to feel what was happening! No wonder he was terrified! I told him he would not know what was happening and not be able to feel anything and that if someone hit him in the stomach he wouldn't be able to feel it and he thought that was neat. I told him that he would go to La, La Land and he and Annalina both found that funny. He was also encouraged that he would miss school AND Babe and I decided to surprise him and we ordered him the 1970's cartoon Hong Kong Phooey which he had been wanting. He can come home and relax watching a completely funny cartoon that he loves!!! He was encouraged by all this. He is still not thrilled about Monday but seems much more comfortable. Praise the Lord!!! I am glad he doesn't think he is to be tortured anymore!!! Some people have raised concerns to me about the procedure but I went over the reasoning again with my Dad and this is the right thing. We simply have to proceed and rest in the Lord.

No comments: