We left See's Candy store and one of the sales people that was working at one of those booths in the middle of the mall said something to Annalina about Santa Claus bringing her stuff for Christmas and Annalina looked at her and emphatically [not meanly] said "I don't believe in Santa Clause I believe in God" the lady was quite taken a back but handled it well. Then the lady said or asked about where she got her presents from then? Annalina said "We [or Mommy and Daddy] get them from Walmart". Then as we were walking away Annalina said "Wishes don't come true!" My dad and I were about in stitches. She wasn't joking around! She was serious! At dinner tonight Grandpa brought it back up and asked Annalina if she believed in Santa Clause and this time the answer was even more profound she said "I don't believe in Santa Clause I believe in God the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth." Again, she wasn't joking around she was VERY serious. I am thrilled to see her passion for her God, may that continue throughout adulthood.
Gabriel was just a great kid today in all the places we went. He started reading a 10 chapter book when we left in the van to go to Reno and he read it going there and finished it in the waiting room of the doctor's office! He was discussing with Grandpa on the way up there different civilizations, etc. When we got home he started reading another book and my mom checked it and it was a 3rd grade reading level.
It was a nice day. Ross really enjoys being home with his Grandma Johnson. They are quite the friends which he has told her "you're my friend".
My hip has paid the price for all the walking around. You'd think I was 80 years old but pregnancy does that!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment