Thursday, June 5, 2008

AHHHH, Summer!

Today was the summer day I look forward too. We are at home together, no where to go, no outside responsibilities!! AHHH!!

I could hear Gabriel and Annalina just talking and talking and talking this morning in the other room. Later in the morning Gabriel asked to read to me. He read to me well over an hour if not close to 2 with me taking breaks to do something here and there and he read his first chapter book which was 2nd-3rd grade level. He really enjoyed it, it was the story of Pompeii and it was the fifth book he read. I had to say it was the last!! Annalina really enjoys sitting and listening but today even Ross came over!

Afternoon a neighbor kid came over and they had a blast on the trampoline and a huge beach ball I put in there with them. The weather is mild enough to be out on the trampoline during the day. After they came in for a water break/snacks I went to fold clothes and Gabriel showed me a wonderful work of art with everyones hand print on it. They had taken ink pads and stuck there hands on them. After Gabriel showed it to me he went back and told his friend that I thought it was great! ( I decided to be positive about it) I did say that now they should use the stamps with the pads! I also noticed a ladybug stamped on the back of Ross' neck. I called my friend and she and I agreed at least they had fun and it wasn't all over the walls!!

Tonight the kids and their friend go back for another night of Vacation Bible School and they are really enjoying that!!

No comments: