"All the Way My Savior Leads Me"
All the way my Savior leads me;
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my Guide?
Heav’nly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know, whate’er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well;
For I know, whate’er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well.
All the way my Savior leads me,
Cheers each winding path I tread;
Gives me grace for every trial,
Feeds me with the living Bread.
Though my weary steps may falter,
And my soul athirst may be,
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see;
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see.
All the way my Savior leads me
O the fullness of His love!
Perfect rest to me is promised
In my Father’s house above.
When my spirit, clothed immortal,
Wings its flight to realms of day
This my song through endless ages—
Jesus led me all the way;
This my song through endless ages—
Jesus led me all the way.
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my Guide?
Heav’nly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know, whate’er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well;
For I know, whate’er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well.
All the way my Savior leads me,
Cheers each winding path I tread;
Gives me grace for every trial,
Feeds me with the living Bread.
Though my weary steps may falter,
And my soul athirst may be,
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see;
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see.
All the way my Savior leads me
O the fullness of His love!
Perfect rest to me is promised
In my Father’s house above.
When my spirit, clothed immortal,
Wings its flight to realms of day
This my song through endless ages—
Jesus led me all the way;
This my song through endless ages—
Jesus led me all the way.
Today as I was folding and putting away laundry this hymn came to my mind/heart/lips. My Savior has certainly lead me all the way. I was holding back tears as I sang. What a faithful and loving Savior. Recently in devotions we've been reading about the Plagues, Passover, Exodus, and Red Sea. God often said to the Israelites tell your children, tell your children what I have done for you. God wants me also to share with my children what a faithful Savior He has been and is to me.
I can honestly say that one of my biggest blessings as a parent is studying the Bible with my kids. I often feel like such a mess up as a parent but I can never go wrong when I am in God's Word and teaching it to my kids. I love the encouragement and the conviction that comes in reading God's Word.
My Mom sent me a brochure type of thing that my Dad picked up at a church in Tennessee called Read the Bible by It's Stories. It's 365 days of Bible stories reading right from the Bible starting in Genesis and ending in Revelation. It is NOT reading the whole Bible but by the end we will have read a significant portion together! The kids really enjoy it and somedays they ask me to read another one. It has been a huge blessing and a highlight of my day. One day we read about a person that was mistreated but God stepped in and cared for them. I said to the kids who else in the Bible did we see this happen where they were mistreated and God stepped in and cared for them. Gabriel remembered it was Hagar. Annalina remembered the situation but not the name. I love that they can see who God is and how He works.
God has called me to motherhood. I am so thankful that "faithful is He who calleth you who also will do it." I fall flat on my face but I am thankful that if I am surrendered to Him He will use this broken vessel of a mother to accomplish His purpose in my children's lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment