Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hikes

 Over the past weeks we went on a hike at both Catamount and Mueller State Park. We obviously can't do huge hikes with little guys but we enjoy what we can do and getting out in God's nature and breathing fresh air. Carson in the picture is a lion on one of our hikes. My sister-in-law and my nieces came up a few weekends ago and we went to a MOPS second hand clothing sale. We had a lot of fun and I got this lion hat for Carson which I was happy to see he really did enjoy!
 This hike is a perfect length for exercising and I have taken Annalina on it with me and another time I took Gabriel on it. (Brian bought me pepper spray that I carry in my hand on the trail.) It is fun to see how the kids are so different. Gabriel has SOOOOOO much to tell me about everything as we walk he talks and talks and with Annalina she wants to hold my hand and have discussions. We stopped and listened to the silence! I enjoy VERY MUCH BOTH ways of spending time and their individuality. I need to take Ross next.
 This is after one of our hikes. Babe was carrying our little papoose while he slept!
I love this picture. We had a great time.
Gabriel and Annalina are carrying their survival bags they put together with Uncle Ben!
Today we hiked for the first time on Pikes Peak on a trail but weren't able to get to far because bad weather moved in. I enjoyed listening to Carson jabber as we walked hand in hand. I would count how many times he slipped or that he "can see my brother up there" or that daddy, gabriel, ross, and annalina are his friends or "here we go down!!" Love it.

No comments: