1) Last week I went from flying kites with the kids or at least attempting too . . . to later on in the day watching the snow come flying down. It was beautiful but my favorite part of the snow coming down was watching the kids ECSTATIC about the snow. They were bouncing off the walls and going out on the deck to enjoy it. I told my mom when I am old and gray and my children are gone and I see the snow start to fall I want to remember what it was like when my children were small and the excitement and joy of that first snow. It warms my heart now. Oh, Ross was convinced it was time for Christmas and that we needed a tree and was it Christmas Eve? Carson was saying "Snow, white" except it didn't come out that clear!:-)
2) I had another similar joy. The kids boots and mittens for winter came in the mail! Oh, my talk about excitement. They had to wear them around the house and they played and played in the living room until they were hot and sweaty. I had found boots for Carson at Goodwill and pulled those out for him and he loved them too.
3) I had some rough days too this week. Thankfully, I have a super husband that I connect with and I become more and more thankful for with each year and a dear Christian friend that I know I am blessed to have. She is a super friend and I am so thankful for her genuiness. If you read this K thanks for being the friend you are. You're a gem.
4)Listening to Annalina sing and play on the piano a solo of "Sweet Hour of Prayer" at our church. And listening to one of our church members during praise time tell that they are thankful for our church and "piano player" as a praise. That was sweet of him. Which leads me to another praise . . . our church . . . it has already made an impact on our children by giving them opportunities and Godly preaching. The people are real people. They act real, they realize they are human and that we are human and live their lives in humility, and treat those around them with love. I LOVE OUR CHURCH!! We have looked for this for so long.
5) Seeing my dad. We had a good time with him and the kids were thrilled Grandpa was here.
6) I have a BIG blessing concerning Gabriel this week but I will wait to write about that until the event occurs!
No comments:
Post a Comment