Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ross's 5th Birthday

Ross has really looked forward to turning 5! It seems to have been a big number to him in his mind. Anyway, he wanted a vanilla cake with cream cheese frosting and war stuff on top for his cake. Gabriel and I went shopping at Walmart and found some small Lego kits that we thought might fit and Gabriel assembled them for the top of the cake. Ross and I worked a LONG time making his from scratch cake. It took longer partially because I goofed at the beginning and that added time. We had a great time though. I did my research as to baking at this altitude because the ladies up here really talk about how difficult it is to bake. I told Ross that and that he should pray it would turn out since this was my first time attempting it. Boy did he pray. At different times I saw him with his head bowed, eyes closed, and hands folding praying that the cake would work. The cake turned out AMAZINGLY well, in fact, you wouldn't even know there was an issue to overcome! Ross said a few times "God didn't just answer my prayer, He REALLY answered it!!" Ross was quite proud of the fact that his cake and icing in total had 4 sticks of butter in it!!! Yep, it was very rich and yummy even with green frosting!

He enjoyed his presents and had fun playing with them. He also really enjoyed the birthday dinner he picked out which was Daddy's cheeseburgers. He is sure to tell people "they are the best" and they are!

Unfortunately, I only have pictures of the day on a disposable camera since we are in need of accesories for our camera to make it work. They should be here soon.

No comments: