Many years ago when Babe was a boy about Gabriel's age he would sit on the floor of his home in Wisconsin with maps stretched out in front of him trying to figure out where the best place to live was and it was always someplace out west and he wanted to live in the mountains. Now that dream is coming true . . . a home in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Not only is it the excitement of a first home but the excitement of living a childhood dream. I am as thrilled as he is. For 3 years of my childhood we lived in Colorado and I LOVED it. Now I am back with my children and they can enjoy the majestic beauty of God's creation and breathe the mountain air. I remember what it would feel like in the mountains in the morning. The air was cool and invigorating and the scenery beautiful and peaceful.The papers are signed and the movers come tomorrow to pack up our stuff. The kids are so excited and have been counting down the night nights. Annalina wanted to sleep on top of the boxes tomorrow night!
I am so glad to have a husband like Babe to share this with. What is a home without love? I find the experience of purchasing this home to be romantic as Babe and I live out our dreams together. There is something soul warming inside me. I can't wait to be in OUR home with MY LOVE. Call me a sap . . . but I feel what I feel.
I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for the blessings He seasons our lives with. Those things that warm the heart and draw your gaze upward to say "I know I don't deserve any of this . . . the loving husband, the beautiful children, our own home . . . , your love for me makes no human sense but thank you for seasoning my life with your love. Help me to be salt and light in this world for you. Amen."
1 comment:
Congratulations! It looks amazing from the picture. Colorado is so beautiful and I imagine you'll be able to enjoy some awesome sunrises and sunsets from those windows!!!
Post a Comment