Friday, March 25, 2011

Point Pinos Lighthouse and Pacific Grove Beach







Babe has been up to his eyeballs in school work these days and especially with his thesis coming due this coming quarter. Right now he is between quarters and he decided to take the weekend off with us. We had a great time. On Friday we went to an antique mall which the kids really loved! For dinner we went to Bubba Gumps which Ross especially enjoys but we all do too. Friday night we played games and had a blast. Brian and I were pleasantly surprised how well the kids could come up with definitions for Balderdash! As we expected though Annalina would giggle when her definition was read! No being sneaky for her!

Saturday we went to Point Pinos Lighthouse in Pacific Grove. I had never been in a lighthouse before. The lady in there had lived in the lighthouse with her husband MANY MANY years ago. After the lighthouse we went to the beach and the kids enjoyed finding shells but mostly throwing rocks in the water. The waves were HUGE that day and it was fun to watch them rolling in. Probably the highlight for Gabriel's weekend was playing the on going board game of Axis and Allies with Daddy. They spent many a hour playing that!

I am thankful for the weekend we had together as a family before this last push for Babe at school. Babe and I commented on how nice it was just to hang out for the weekend.

No comments: