July 16th we arrived in Owatonna, MN to visit with my brother Ben and his son Canon. We had a great time with them. Owatonna is where I was born and lived until the summer before I went into 5th grade. The house behind us in the picture above was our home. I will never forget that address! 146 East Rice Street! It was fun to show that house to the kids.
Uncle Ben took the kids on a tour of Pillsbury Baptist Bible College where our dad taught Bible for almost 20 years. He helped to train MANY people for ministry. Uncle Ben told the kids funny stories and memories and misheif he got into as a child there!
Clearwaters is a special building because that is where our dad had his office and, of course, we have memories of our time there with Dad.
This picture just strikes me as funny. I call this picture (above) the "Piped Piper of Pillsbury" because of all the kids trailing behind my brother.
Before Pillsbury was a Bible college it was a military school that is why the canon is there. The kids enjoyed the canon! I was glad they were able to see some of where I grew up and what it is like. Gabriel liked mid-westerners and their friendliness.
Besides looking around Owatonna the kids had fun swimming with Uncle Ben and Cousin Canon. They were at the pool for hours. They told me later Uncle Ben gave them a choice of what they wanted for lunch and one of the choices was ice cream so that is what they picked!!! They thought that was just GREAT!! That is what memories are made of.
1 comment:
How fun! That was great that you showed the kids where you grew up.:)
Post a Comment