Earlier today I took Annalina for her speech therapy evaluation [they also did language evaluation to be thorough although that was not a concern to me]. She did a great job and the lady was so impressed. She said it was fun testing Annalina because usually kids don't know the answers and Annalina was blowing through them. One question Annalina answered without any problems the lady said she had NEVER seen a child answer correctly!! Yikes! Anyway, she did say Annalina has a tongue thrust and a few troubles on a few sounds BUT that she was fine for her age she showed me a chart showing where certain sounds are expected and most aren't expected until 2nd grade and she worked with Annalina a few minutes at the end on S and L and she did awesome in that short time it was the first time I had heard Annalina say "Annalina Lysne" so clearly instead of "Annaweena Wisne". I am going to work with her at home a few months and then get her retested and if she is still struggling with some of the sounds this lady would take her in the summer. She REALLY liked Annalina and I couldn't tell she wanted to help her!!
No comments:
Post a Comment