Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Out of the mouths of Babes . . . comes cute stuff!

This morning (which is the morning after the day I got put on bedrest)t I was combing Annalina's hair. The night before Grandma had given her a bath and one thing led to another and her hair never got combed out with the comb detangler or sprayed with the detangler spray after bathtime. Which could have meant a tougher time in the morning. This is one of the least favorite parts of the morning process is combing her long hair! She hates tangles and having them combed. Anyway, when I went to comb her hair I commented to her that her hair was not bad this morning. This was interesting considering we did nothing with it the night before! Annalina said to me "did God do it?" I started laughing and said "maybe He did!!" He certainly knew it was a stressful part of the morning process and I had had plenty of stress the day before! Who knows but I thought Annalina's response was cute!!

Yesterday Gabriel came home from school and was telling me about how he learned about Veteran's Day. He had worked on a book for Veteran's Day. He told me that his teacher told the class that if anyone in their family was in the Navy that they should go home and give them a hug. Gabriel started tearing up and fighting back the tears and covered his face, embarassed that he was emotional and I heard him say "I want to hug Daddy". I told him to come to me and I put my arms around him and said "Your Daddy wants to hug you." Then in true Gabriel spirit he got a big smile on his face and said "Maybe I should give him a hug when he gets back." I told him that was a good idea. What a sweet kid.

Yesterday my mom was messing with a flower kit (Amarillis) she had purchased for the kids to watch grow. Ross walked into the kitchen and mom said something to him about it being a flower and he said "Flower? Winter?" What a smarty pants! He doesn't have a hard time putting 2 and 2 together!!!

No comments: